14 November 2006

When they say Windy Wellington, they aren't kidding.

Now I am a chick who loves the wind, but while today is great, at the same time it is incredibly crazy. The wind is ripping around these buildings like it is going out of fashion.

Not the elegant breeze in the hair either. This wind has my hair escaping from it's ponytail and standing on its end - fun for anyone with naturally aff and curly hair (or not). It is extremely frustrating as I have to redo my hair everytime I come inside. I don't even think a whole can of hairspray would hold it down in this weather.


(Obviously this monkey just came inside from being in that Wellington wind!)

Take the washing as another example. I keep adding one peg every time I do the washing in the hope it will break the pull of the wind, but to no avail. As of yet, I am still to work out exactly the amount of pegs one needs to keep washing on the line in Wellington (I am still collecting my sheets from the Collings fence!) If the sheets were out today, I would be picking them up from Palmerston North.

"Oh, I know," I hear you say. "That's Wellington." I just don't think you get the full picture. This is insane wind, the fight-to-stay-on-your-feet type of wind.

But then, every city has its quirks. It hasn't felt like a proper winter this year without regular thick fog a la the Waikato. And I dare say, I shall miss this crazy, giggly wind when I'm in Timaru. But at least my hair will look as good on arrival as it did when I left home!

2 comments:

Aunty Bob said...

No worries Corryn - just wait till you get to the South Island then you will really understand what good weather is all about!!!

Sarge said...

Look, leave Wellington alone!

There is nothing wrong with a bit of wind (The right sort anyway!)

It gets your clothes dry, it keeps the rain away...(You know that it is only rain if it falls downwards, sideways doesn't count) It gets rid of unwanted trees and it also keeps the streets clear of rubbish!

Maybe Mooloo land wants you back...