11 November 2006

Assessments, Out-Training and the invasion of the Smiths

It is crazy to think that this time last year the countdown was on and I was preparing to move to Wellington. And looking back on the last year it is crazy to think of all the new and different experiences and such I have had, how much God has shaped me and taught me.

At the moment, I have my mind set solely on surviving the next few weeks, with final assignments, exams, sermons and leads to get done ... and then the commissioning week. I am also quite looking forward to the visit of my brother Matt and his girlf Liz, and my cousins Talia and Daniel, who are coming down for a few days on their way to the South Island. Their timing is absolutely shocking. And if honesty prevails, I am wondering if Booth College will survive this invasion of the Smiths in one piece. Lol.

Another exciting happening is the prep for Out-training in Timaru. I was kind of hoping to get these final assessments out of the way so I can fully focus on that, but hey timing never works out quite as planned. Allied Pickford (the moving company) came out yesterday to suss out the amount of stuff we have to move and I have a whole stash of boxes in my entry just waiting for me to begin packing.

I had Sue McG, who is from Alexandra (somewhere way down south), trying to tell me that it gets hotter there than in Wellington, which made no sense to my logic. Surely the closer you get to Antarctica, the colder it gets. So Garth and James both backed up Sue's theory and Garth explained the science of it, something about the rain clouds coming from Australia and leaving the rain on the Alps then just the hot air going across the eastern part. But then what dosn't make sense to me is this: Do rain clouds not come from the East as well as the West? Regardless, it appears I am wrong and Sue is right. (Fancy...a southerner knowing the weather in the South Island!) Anyways I am just rambling now and no one really cares. The fact of the matter is, it will be summer so hopefully I get away at least some of the time in short sleeved attire.

I'm babysitting Hudson tonight and also cooking chicken and veges for the Bonds so must head off home. Hopefully dinner turns out edible. Here's hoping. Ciao.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corryn, totally agree that God has taught you so much. Looking forward to seeing you in Hastings! Mt Egmont has a new dusting of snow which seems odd when we are enjoying some lovely sunny days. Auntie Jocelyn

lucy ar said...

Wahhoo! You are blogging, I love it- Looking forward to all your updates and opinions and... photos? Yes, u should definatley put photos up.
hope your exams etc all go sweet as (beginning blogging during exams??? eek. the blogosphere is the worlds best method for procrastination)
xx