21 November 2006

7am Duties and Walking Trees

I wanted to write something of value, of purpose, of meaning. Something in which I can express my deepest feelings and really connect with you, my bloggers and readers.

I couldn't think of anything to add until Mat (not my brother Matt ... one 't' Mat, this is...) just came into the computer suite and when I expressed my lack of inspiration, he suggested writing about my early morning stagger.

Ah yes ... this morning was difficult getting out of bed to be at duties at 7am. I literally climbed out of bed, put a jersey on, jeans on, jandals on, made sure I had my keys (for once!!) and wandered excitedly up to the main building. Only to meet Mat on my way coming in the other direction.

In all honesty, I never saw him coming. My eyes were still shut. Which is what I think contributed to the staggering ... I was trying to head in the major direction of the building and occasionally peeked through an eyelid to check I didn't wander into a wall or tree. (Sadly ... this has happened before!) I would like to apologise to the tree that walked out in front of me. Sorry tree.

Oh it's a good thing I am a teetotaller! Thanks Mat with one 't' for encouraging the opening of mine eyes as I walk. Cheers.

(See ... living in community is a GOOD thing!)

3 comments:

Shar said...

those walking trees are a real pain. I wondered if you mistook Mat (with one T) for a tree....or has he finally had a haircut and shave?

Anonymous said...

Haha....na...One-T Mat still has the go-T. It started way before Mo-vember, and practically every male on campus has some form of facial hair now. The beard on John, gotee on Mat and Perry, Robert has the trad mo, Si is growing a handlebar-inspired mo ... pretty much it just leaves Marcus ... and well ... he tries...lol.

Shar said...

did the girls go for the left armpit? They were doing that down central otago way? Could just be a southern thing :)