28 November 2006

Goodbye cornet

Well, we had our big Bible in Schools production today - the one where we played brass style for the carols. We roped in 5 altogether - Kevin and I were the only cadets but the Majors (Robert, Jennifer and Garth) all joined in and, in all honesty, carried us.

I ended up playing 2nd cornet, which was fine with me, after all this time not playing it would take practice to get some of those high notes and hold them, so Garth played 1st. I found it amusing that the way we arranged ourselves meant he played into my ear, meaning I literally couldn't hear myself so I had to play louder and not completely fade into the background. I haven't worked out yet if that was their plan all along....

Fortunately it's all done now and I intend to not play for another decade. If not longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great production and I reckon the band was a hit with the kids. Aunty Bob