5 June 2007

The Visit of K, L and M

So this past weekend (being a long weekend) I was privileged to have a visit from two of my best friends: Lucy and Kelly and Luce's fiancee Michael.

Kelly stayed with her aunt, who is one of the officers on staff here, and Lucy and Michael stayed with me. I will say it was really nice getting to know Michael better, and for the record he meets with my approval. I think he is a lovely guy and is perfectly matched for my dear Lucy M.

On the Sunday, Lucy and Michael were meant to meet me at Mana (my corps/church) but arrived sheepishly during a prayer 45 minutes into the meeting because they were VERY lost. (If you know Wellington, they were driving north from town, but missed the turnoff to Porirua and instead went to the Hutt. They could have gone over the Haywards but didn't realise you could, so turned around and ventured back into the city to try again. This is why you always have a map!)

We spent a bit of time trying to work out if they were to hyphen their surnames (once they were married) what they could be. Clement + Mollekin =
Clementollekin? Clemollekin? Clemollekinment? Molclementlekin? Mollement? Oh the options are endless! Lucy's settled for Clement but is still keeping Mollekin for her professional stuff (Lucia Designs - keep an eye out in dress stores near you!)

Lucy and I also had to share my double bed (Michael was in my single). Something we haven't done since we were much younger. I thought I touched Lucy's head so kept right to the very edge of the bed, only to later find what I thought was Luce was actually her tri-pillow (which took up most of the bed.

She also cracked me up in the morning - in absolute confusion as to why I was cuddled down right into my duvets when she was so hot she was nearly on top of them. In her words: she slept "on a hot plate." The investigation found that my very clever friend left her electric blanket on all night.

Anywhos, it was fab seeing them again and I look forward to seeing them in about a month during recess. (Haha - you can't get away from me that easily!)

No comments: