22 June 2007

Babysitting the Stevens: Day Three

When Kendal got home after school yesterday, we went to get Monique ... who had painted (indirectly) her clothes, so had on a spare set from her bag. The spare trousers were soaking wet (Monique has a thing for puddles) so we changed into another pair of pants and in the meantime, Kendal escaped from Educare. After a bit of a panicking search, one of the staff noticed her walking down the street. I was reminded once of when Matt got lost biking in the country, and Mum said she was furious and relieved. I had the same emotions!

We ended up watching Barbie and Teletubbies DVDs and while I got dinner ready, God put on a magnificent lightning and thunder show (which I confess made me jump several times!) that according to my calculations was pretty much right above us. So I prayed for Sue and Si's safety.

This morning I used reverse psychology to get Monique dressed, (she IS as stubborn as Si - reminding me of the many times I was told I was 'stubborn like my father'!) and I made it into a competition for Kendal. But we broke a record: I took Niquey to Educare with me being fully dressed AND hair done AND makeup applied!!

But, fortunately for the girls, my babysitting stint is over. Sue and Simon arrived home and the girls are now safely back in their care. My mission (keep them fed, dressed and alive) succeeded! SHOT!

No comments: