4 June 2007

Exercise - the Bane of my Life

Within an hour, I will be at the foot of some mountain around here that Simon expects Stu and I to run up and down. I have tried every excuse in the book to get out of it, but Si is having none of it. Oh grrr.

I have a cut on my toe (I don't know exactly how that happened), I've burnt my thumb (hair straightener), I've prayed for rain (and believe it or not now the dark clouds have cleared up somewhat!), I offered to exercise in the gym here instead of going outside, and Shelley even offered to kidnap me. Sigh.

If I don't survive because my lungs exploded or my heart stopped or my legs collapsed (all three highly likelihoods, might I add!), please tell my parents that I love them and tell Matt he can have all my DVDs and CDs.

I am wondering why I agreed to this insanity.

2 comments:

Corryn said...

So just a little update...Obviously I did survive, though at one stage I am pretty sure my lungs were on the verge of exploding.

If you know the Upper Hutt area at all, we went 3/4 of the way up the Trig. (The turn off is at Totara Park).

I said on the way that I would not complain. That resolution was broken about 10 seconds into it. It was not a flat climb (what is!) but was near vertical. (Ok, I exaggerate. But it felt it.)I kept wondering what Mum and Dad would be like doing it, which made me laugh.

And Si had this stupid rule that Stu could go 50 metres ahead of me, then had to come back. So Stu probably run the mountain 3 times in the time I did it once.

Great view at 3/4 but I collapsed onto dewey grass and was ready for bed. Si reckons next time we are going to hit the top. Whatever.

Two weeks ago I never would have imagined me doing that, so I guess you never know what the future holds.

Aunty Bob said...

You are going to be fit as - good job we checked out the world's steepest street which probably was a bit of training for the hill you just climbed?