18 June 2007

Mission Weekend Levin Styles

So twice a year, we have Mission Weekend and this time we went up to Levin and spent a weekend with the peoples there. I have to say I really enjoyed it (even though it was tiring!) and in a strange way felt like I was coming home. (Though we left College for Levin about 7am on Saturday morning, which was an effort!)

Saturday we did practical hands on service ministry, painting the spouting and the caretakers shed at Taikoto School. God stopped the rain that was predicted, but the cold was most definitely present and we had to wipe dry everything with towels before we painted.

Then most of us girls (who weren't looking after the kiddlywinks) went off early to paint over some graffitti on the park side of the Army hall. I'm pleased to say I was the only one who didn't end up with paint in my hair!

Here's just some funny and gorgeous photos. From top left going clockwise: Rochelle; some of our kids at church Sunday morning; my cousin Joel napping; Cody and Naomi; Shelley, Tiko and Steve (strange lot those first years); and Suzanne singing.
During the morning service: The College kids helped me lead a song "Hip-hip-hip-hippopotamus"; the Levin music team; Tiko and me; the Head and Foot in the Dr Paul show.
"Gimme 5" (Our version of Hi-5); Steve Flinstone yawning; Simeon Batman; Kylie and me; Lachie on the bass; Naomes and Julie.
Susie; Tiko hanging from a tree; Me getting a hug from cousin Isaac; My billets and cousins Mikayla, Debra and Cassandra doing light reading in bed; Me and Kendal; Cousin Steph.

It was awesome weekend away and would write about it, but Monique is demanding my attention so maybe laters. Ciao.

No comments: