21 June 2007

Babysitting the Stevens: Day Two

Well what a crazy 24 hours! Heather and Aaron had their baby (Anastasia Canada) early yesterday morning, which gave us all a fright - her baby shower was the day before and the baby was just over 5 weeks early. Fortunately Annette and I had hospital visitations so we went and visited the latest addition to the BCM whanau.

Then I came home to pick up the girls and got tea ready, homework, yadda yadda. They took a long time to get to sleep - Monique wanted Mummy - but she went to Lala land pretty soon. I had my suspicions (later confirmed by Monique) that actually Kendal wouldn't stop talking.

I woke this morning to Kendal standing at the edge of my bed. She proceeded to push me over so she could get in. The early morning cuddle was nice. The cold side of the bed wasn't. But on the plus side, the routine seemed to go along smoother today than yesterday, and Kendal was even ready when Naomi and Reuben came to get her. Monique was even the fourth kid to Educare so we were truly on a roll! The only thing was that I didn't manage to get ready. Yes, tiding up the house, makeup, and my bfast had to wait til I got back. (Don't worry - I was fully dressed and had hair kind of done when I took Niquey to kindy!)

Somehow the girls have got the idea that after school we are going shopping for Mum's (Sue's) birthday present for next week. I don't know where that has come from. According to them, Corryn has loads of money (I wish I knew where I put it!!). But I think that birthday shopping should be a job for Dad (aka Si) when they get home from their tramp. So instead I might bribe them with a DVD from the video store though - Sue left popcorn for us. That would be a treat. And will preoccupy a couple of hours!

No comments: