2 June 2007

Riding without Training Wheels

I've just had another one of those moments. One of those snapshots in your lifetime when you shut the doors and prepare to take a step of faith into the great unknown. Like when Peter stepped out of the boat to walk out towards Jesus on the water. One of those moments when we must step out in faith in obedience to where God has called us.

I haven't felt quite like this since the day I told Colin and Roselynn I felt God was telling me that now was the time to apply for officership.

To give you a little more context, Robert (our Training Principal) had meetings with us (the 2nd years) regarding our thoughts etc about where God might want us to serve in our appointments next year, about our passions, gifts, abilities, past experiences, etc.

So I told Robert what was on my heart. And then last Sunday I heard God clear as day correct me. Dang. It wasn't that what I had told Robert was untrue, but that instead of riding the bike like God wanted me to, I added training wheels. (Just in case I needed them!) And God showed me that actually what I was doing was displaying my lack of faith in Him to use me in His work on Earth.

So ... after much trying to negotiate with God (which by the way is pointless!) I realised that He has never let me down in the past and actually the best moments of my life have been when I have been absolutely reckless in my faith in God.

So I just took the training wheels off my bike. I went and saw Robert and removed the conditions I had set on God's will for my life. I told Robert I was willing to do completely anything. And I trust God to sustain and maintain me as I strive to serve Him more and extend His Kingdom.

Cripey.

Though, I must confess, as scary as it is biking without training wheels, there is a freedom in my heart I can't explain. It will be interesting to see what unfolds next

No comments: