27 December 2006

The Awesome Foursome - Together Again


The older I get and the more people I meet, the more I realise how God has blessed me with some wonderful friends. There are several I fit into this category, but in particular I am thinking about what we dubbed back in our teens, "THE AWESOME FOURSOME". (Seen in the photo l-r as Kelly, Lucy, me, Jaci)

Kel and I met as babies in the pram. Lucy and I met when I punched her as a toddler for checking out my baby brother (we became friends about ten years later). And the Jacstar came into our lives in early adolescence too.

I just love how no matter where we live around the country, and no matter how long since we've seen each other, it is always comfortable when I catch up with them again. I know I can be myself, in whatever form that takes at the time, and I am loved and accepted unconditionally.

Though I am finding it frightening to accept that the new generation has begun with the arrival of baby Joel (Jaci and Carl's son). Man, we are getting old!

Anywho's ... Love you girls!! Mwa!

No comments: