11 December 2006

Commissioning, Mangatinoka and Earthquakes

Life has been a little here, there and everywhere these past few days, so I'm going to jot some things down as I think bare with me in my nuttiness...

Firstly ... COMMISSIONING WEEKEND

For the Heralds, it's all over, Rover. I thought it was a great weekend, myself. I took hundreds of photos for them and look forward to getting a decent look through them now. I'll post some goodies on later. But until then, here's a sample...

Kendal gives Robert's (the TP) nose a tweek. And (below) Monique had a little look through my handbag after Commissioning. Take a guess at what she found. Yip. Emily and Monique looked gorgeous by the end of that adventure!

Then... MANGATINOKA!!!

Now this was something I was meant to blog a while ago ... when driving to Hastings from Wellington, imagine my surprise and excitement to come across a little town called Mangatinoka (famously known in NZ as where Tui is brewed). I was amazed because I didn't think this town existed - and if it did surely, so I thought, it was some hick town way down south. But no! It's a little place in the bottom of the North Island! And I laughed to see the building looking just like in the ads, bar the industrial buildings around it which are not in the ads on tv. I nearly took a photo, but didn't cos I wasn't sure how that would look me not a drinker and all.


And finally (sing it with me...) YOU MAKE THE EARTH MOVE UNDER MY FEET...

Additionally on Friday night after the HotGNs graduation, Annette, Perry and I were heading to the car to come home and my legs moved. My heart raced a little cos I thought I was about to have another seizure ... until Annette commented on it and we realised it was a little earthquake. It's only taken 10 months living in Wellington but I have finally felt my first earthquake! (To clarify ... Hamilton like never has them, and so I never had them growing up ... and there were a few since I've been here - but I slept through them all!)

No comments: