6 December 2006

Hoist the Flag!

We are now in the throes of commissioning weekend for the HotGNs session ... well ... in the throes of the prep. It's all kind of crazy and has crept up so fast ... soon I'll be blogging about mine. Sheesh!

After morning duties today I asked: "Is there anything else I can do?" and Perry gave me the flag. Yes, the hallowed SA flag of Blood and Fire. Oh what a privilege was mine!

My heart began to race and my pulse started thumping ... cue music for tense action scene.

I stood at the base of the flagpole, hmmmmm ... as long as it doesn't blow off and is the right way around, I will succeed, I told myself. Fortunately, the nearly-Captain Karen came to my assistance, without even me putting up the Kaz-signal in the sky! Ooooooh.

So while Karen tried to undo a knot that wasn't meant to be undone, I stood. Silent as always. Elegantly holding the flag like they do in the American movies. Then I fluffed it out like you do to a sheet and worked out which was the right way to clip it on.

Eventually, the job was done and I hoisted the flag up, ready to sail. Aaaaaahhhhh .... the accomplishment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What would we do without you Corryn.

CheekyUkie said...

So that was YOU who put the flag upside down hmmmm... might have to tell the General Moahaahaha