12 December 2006

Bellissimo!

So as of yesterday, I became another year older ... and another year closer to the big 3-0. Sheesh!

I had a really lovely day - we had it off as it was the Monday after Commissioning - the first birthday I can recall where I literally did not have to do work! So I slept in, had a shower, opened some presents and cards sent by different people, and ran some errands in Upper Hutt. I even made the most of the beautiful weather and washed my car!

Then I headed over to the other side of campus for Kendal's 5th birthday party, where I took photographic duties. The evening progressed and there was this random guy driving all over College looking a little dazed, and so I asked if I could help. It turns out he was looking for my place! It took a little while to convince him that indeed I was who he was looking for, not helped by the fact I was at another house, but he conceded and eventually gave me two large pizzas, garlic bread and pepsi! Courtesy of my absolutely wonderful darling brother in Hamilton! (Though I think he overestimated how much I eat in one meal.) The additional gorgeous fact was that Matt had asked them to write 'Happy Birthday' in BBQ sauce on one of the pizzas, even though they didn't (poos.)

Thus as the kids went home, Kendal's party became mine as well and Sue, her sister Margaret, and I shot out and got more pizzas and drink and had a shindig at the Stevens.

Just as we left to pick up the extra pizzas, I phoned Karen and Ukarau and invited them over. Funny though cos they got confused and gatecrashed the party next door, instead of our actual one! Lol. However, we all ended up at the Stevens for coffee and cake and lots of laughs eventually.

Thanks, Matt, for instigating a wonderful birthday evening! Mwa!!

3 comments:

CheekyUkie said...

Hehe thank you for the din dins, even though me and KJ ended up at the wrong place moahahaha... but did you notice when we found out we were at the wrong party we stayed and ate anyways hehe... oh the joys of college life... oh yeah, what did happen to those 'Poor Kids', you never did finish the story Ow?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like this absolutely wonderful darling brother in Hamilton matt must be pretty hott. Nearly as hott as you are.

Corryn said...

To anonymous...

Yeah ... nearly ...

Thanks for posting a comment, Matt. Write again soon. ;)