21 December 2006

The End is Nigh...

We've been so busy with Commissioning, cleaning, etc. that it seems to have snuck up very fast ... but the day has finally arrived and bar a BBQ dinner tonight, College for 2006 is all wrapped up. And tomorrow I fly to Mum and Dad's for Christmas.

(Oops, I have just put Caramello on the computer keyboard. Shhhh... our secret.)

Now ... so it seems crazy to think the year has gone by so fast ... and I am rather excited about laxing out at Cafes and on the beach ... and seeing baby Joel!! ... but it has finally hit me that this is the last day that I'll be at College with the HotGNs.

No more Gabbie bringing in Hugo for a sniff around the lounge ... or Jack banging the door down to see if he can play on my Eye Toy ...no more Hudson running up me (don't ask!) and farewelling me with "You have a good day, Corryn."

No more Karen tettering on the edge of the curb on the way to Levin ... or watching McLeods Daughters/ER with me ... no more watching Prison Break with Marcus and Jenny ... and drinking gallons of Coke with them ... No more taking breaks (every hour) with Sue and Shirlee ... and no more going through the McDs drivethru like a thousand times in one night!

It's the end of an era. It's been a good year and I wish all the best to the HotGNS ... Happy Christmas y'all!! Ciao.


And lastly, on a sidetrack
... on Dad's side of the family, he is the oldest of five boys, and with me being the oldest of the nieces/nephews, I remember as a kid getting put on those chairs that spin around and around and being made very dizzy ... I just put Emily on the computer suite equivalent and span her round, in memory of all my beloved uncles, then took her off and told her to walk to Mummy. Nothing like watching a dizzy two-year-old. Hilarious! My uncles' would be proud.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Corryn you are going to love the South Island, there's nothing like a South Island summer to put life in perspective, honestly everyone is telling lies about the weather, you'll see. You have a great break - you well deserve it. I will think of you everytime I have a 'Claytons' break - which is after all what we are best at - having a break when we're not having a break. Luv u - keep in touch. Aunty Bob

Corryn said...

Aunty Bob... you're speaking that South Island lingo I don't understand! What is a "Clayton's break"?