31 May 2007

Today's Answered Prayer

So I'm in the shower this morning and my left eye contact lens disappeared into my eyelid after a messed up blink. I was determined not to lose it, considering it is my last one, and if it got lost, I would be back to wearing my glasses for goodness knows how long. (I'm holding out getting new glasses until after commissioning!) I tried to get the lens out on my own for about 8 minutes.

In the end, I prayed: "God, help. I need my contact to see - but don't let me lose it down the drain." I heard Him quickly respond: "Get out the shower."

With that, I turned it off and as my foot hit the bathmat, I blinked and the contact lens landed on my cheek. Literally. Coincidence? I think not. Isn't it great to know God is interested in the little things of life as well as the big ones? Big ups to the Man upstairs.

No comments: