22 January 2007

HOW TO... get out of Chch without a map

So one thing I didn’t mention about leaving Christchurch for Timaru, that I am sure you will find amusing…

Well, I had followed the Stevens into the city on Sunday night, and left them to go to Timaru Monday morning. I didn’t get directions off them because I knew I had a handy map book of the South Island that Mum had given me for Christmas.

Thus, after a couple of blocks (so I could get street names to orient myself) I pulled out the map book only to find no Christchurch. I look at the cover, titled: “South Island excluding Christchurch City”. D’oh!
So being the stubborn person I am and refusing to pay money for a map to get OUT of a city, I had a guess at which was north and south and headed in that general direction.

You can imagine my complete surprise to see a sign marked ‘Timaru’ within minutes!! Man, I am good! Alas, no one was there to see and share my joy!!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Hey Corryn
Congratulations on your fine sense of direction. I assume that with that success under your belt that you have decided that it is not necessary for you to have a map of Timaru because being the fine navigator that you are, you will able to find your way around a place of Timaru's size by pure instinct..... hehehehe