11 July 2007

Holidays

Well yip...as the title suggests we finally made it to holidays. I've been overseas, hence the big break from blogging, and then the internet connection at Mum and Dad's has been playing up so ... sigh.

I got to Hamilton just over 10 days ago, after the worst turbulance I had been in in awhile - the surprising factor being the worst of it was nearer Hamilton than Wellington! Even to the point that men were holding the arm rests! By the sounds of some ladies several rows behind me, they thought we were going to die, and I found myself in a 'peace' bubble, and nearly laughing out loud - it was kind of surreal.

Nonetheless I made it, shared my testimony during the Sunday morning service, and preached Sunday night. Didn't really enjoy the preaching if I am honest. It is true what they say about it being harder to preach to the 'home crowd'. It's kind of weird at the Corps - some things have changed heaps and others haven't at all.

Anywho, I headed home pretty much straight away to pack cos we left for Auckland to catch the flight to Tonga at 3am the next morning. More on that later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is good to have you back in lil ole hamilton for a bit and it was nice to catch up with you, we will have to do it again really soon, I miss our 2 hour lunch breaks, I cant seem to get away with them anymore :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz
It was sooo good to have you back in Hams for a tiny bit. I really enjoyed having you up to preach, and I know that the home crowd is the hardest. You did very very well!
I want to encourage you in that when you go back to a place that you have been away from for a while, yes you will notice a lot of change - it's very normal! It's also very good (not that you said it isn't) - if there's no change, there's no growth. You have also changed a lot and grown this last 18 months too.
You are doing a really good thing down there and I for one am very proud of you!
Love ya
Glenn