25 July 2007

Boys will be Boys

Shelley parallelled it to cats feeling the need to mark their territory by urinating. The temptation to put little fingers in wet cement. What am I talking about, you may ask?

I only shot home briefly to get changed before heading to Shelley and Tiko's for dinner when there was a knock on my door and I was greeted by Ethan, Simeon, Christina, Kendal and Naomi. Five angelic faces who stayed in my house for all of a minute or two before I kicked them out, telling them I was about to leave.

Unbeknownst to me, either Kendal or Naomi (as yet still unsure) fell of my front steps onto some still-wet concrete curbing that had recently been put down. And the pull was too strong for the boys.

As I came out a couple of minutes later, something caught my attention - I believe it was the words "Ethan" and "Simeon" written in the cement. Shelley and I tried to fix it (not really that successfully.)

Simeon was hiding out at the Brays but confessed when Tiko told him to think about his answer, and Ethan denied any participation at first ... until ex-cop dad Lachlan read him his rights and told him willful damage has a $1000 fine and 3 months imprisonment.

But I was disappointed. If you are going to write in wet concrete, the last thing to do is use YOUR names. Seriously Tiko and Lachie - what are you teaching your boys?

No comments: