17 March 2007

Janine Pranks - An update

PRANK ONE

So...about Easter time last year, my cousins Emma and Hannah came and spent a few days of their holidays with me at College. And, together with Simon, we snuck into Janine's (the assistant training principal) office at night, rearranging all the furniture and sticking throughout her office these ghastly plastic flowers that we knew she hated.

I thought it was strange that she never mentioned anything but recently, when Janine and Robert came to Timaru for my assessment, I finally heard the truth.

It appears Robert and Garth (the dean of education) saw us coming out of her office and thought they'd put it back on us, sneaking into Janine's office and putting everything back to normal so that we would be waiting to hear of her reaction, but never hearing because she never knew anything had happened.

Well done, G and R. You got us there. I always thought it was weird she never said anything about it, and now I know why!

PRANK TWO

Well, I think it was more creativity than anything else. The aforementioned plastic flowers that Janine hated got chucked out, and a nameless member of my session (not me!!) fished them out after coming up with a grand idea.

At the end of last year, a present was placed under the Donaldson's Christmas tree for Janine from God's Fellow Workers (my session). I hear this greatly excited Janine.

Imagine her excitement when she was finally allowed to open it on Christmas morning. Imagine her reaction to open the much anticipated present to find some plastic flowers she thought she had put in the rubbish! Apparently the moment was pure classic!

1 comment:

Annette said...

I have also heard of this prank..... I know that the person responsible was somewhat delighted with the result.... As was Robert.... You would think that a husband would have more compassion on his wife when she has been seriously disappointed by the contents of such a big parcel....