25 March 2007

Denheath Custard Squares

So one of the first things Janine said to me before I left for Timaru was that there was a place nearby that had the best custard squares she had ever eaten in NZ. I mentioned it when I first arrived here and everyone knew straight away what I meant. (I had no idea where it was!)


So now, two weeks out from leaving, a group of the girls (or should I say 'ladies') finally took me out to Pleasant Point, a little town not far out of Timaru, to try a Denheath custard square. Apparently they courier over NZ.

They now make all sorts of desserts... coffee and chocolate custard squares, plus these eclair-type things, and numerous others ...

I stuck it out just for a plain ole original, and I might add they were mighty delish.

I also took a photo for Janine...

4 comments:

Aunty Bob said...

Yes, yes they are georgeous.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is SEND A BOX OF THOSE THINGS TO HAMILTON!!!!!!!!

CheekyUkie said...

Ooo Ooo Ooo and send a box to MANUKAU, Glenn said it's his shout moahahahahahahahahaha...

Anonymous said...

So yummy!Had some more today but you weren't here to share the moment!