4 August 2007

Stinkage.

So it's been a little crazy the past 24 hours. Yesterday my 13-yr-old cousin and her parents were told that she has Hodgkins Disease.

I rang Dad when I got the text and, after talking to him, had a big cry with Janine. I talked to Mum this morning as well. I think she is very much in the "God, why??" space, and is fully wishing Nan and Grandad (Dad's parents) were still alive.

One thing I've learnt after my "trying-to-deal-with-having-epilepsy" and the many other health problems my family have had over the years, is you pretty much have to just hold onto God and ride it out. That's where I am at the moment. But I still have a lot of questions for God. It's hard trusting when things go pear shaped - or upside down and back to front. But I am still convinced that He loves us unconditionally and He never leaves our side.

And I believe that for my family. I know that as out of control as they must feel, God has His hand in it all - He is still in control. And I know He loves them each. My prayer is that they each be acutely aware of His presence and love at this time as they process the news. I ask that you also send up a prayer for them too.

It is hard being down here in Wellington, just wanting to give them a hug and comfort them in some way. At least God is there. Still God .... this sucks.

No comments: