8 November 2007

FIRE!!

Well, you can never say life is dull!!

This morning, Tiko and Shelley, Stu and Kylie, Kevin, Annette, Suzanne and I went into town to the tailors to have another uniform fitting (prior to commissioning) and we stopped off at Trade on the way. I was looking at the books when the fire alarm sounded and we (minus Stu and Tiko who were off getting us all coffees and hot chocs) were ushered along with all the THQ and Central DHQ staff - and whoever else got caught in it - to a 'safe place'.

Lo and behold, then four fire engines turned up (and I have to confess I was jumping up and down in excitement!)

It turns out there was a real fire. I'm not sure on the details but from what I heard, someone was working on something on the roof and somehow caught something on fire and smoke was smelt in the building somewhere. Fortunately no one was hurt and I believe THQ is still standing.

I'm reminded of one of Jen's favourite sayings: Drama, drama, drama!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.